Ontario PNP Draw

Ontario PNP Draw

On September 7, 2023, the Ontario PNP held a general draw for the French-speaking category. No NOC code was announced, and there were 300 invitations from the Express Entry Pool with CRS scores of 308-434. Applicants selected were from the Federal Skilled Worker Program or with Canadian  Experience.

Federal Skilled Worker Program: Your work experience must have been obtained within the last five years from submitting your application to the OINP and in the same primary occupation you identified in your Express Entry profile. You may have obtained your work experience in Canada or abroad. It is required that you possess one year of uninterrupted full-time paid work experience (or an equivalent amount of paid experience part-time work) to be eligible for the FSW program. No gaps in employment during a year should be noted. You must receive 67 points on the six selection criteria (education, language proficiency, work experience, age, arranged employment in Canada, and adaptability) to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).

In Canadian Class Experience– You should have at least one year of overall experience under CEC (the work you’ve done must total one year; it need not be continuous for one year). Experiencing paid full-time employment in Canada (or equivalent to paid part-time work).

To qualify for either program, you must have at least 1,560 work experience accrued over a minimum of one year. Full-time employment unequivocally denotes working for no less than 30 hours per week. Hours per week for pay, equating to at least 1,560 hours over a calendar year. Volunteering and unpaid internships do not typically count as professional work experience.

Part-time employment is defined as working at least 15 hours per week for two years at one job, adding up to at least 1,560 hours over that time, or working at least 30 hours per week for one year at several positions, adding up to at least 1,560 hours over that time.

Other Requirements: You must possess a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, or equivalent degree from another nation.

You must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report to demonstrate that your education is equivalent to a Canadian credential if you finish your studies outside Canada.

To apply for this stream, you must pass an approved English language test (IELTS, CELPIP) and a French language test (TCF, TEF) to demonstrate your language abilities. It would be best to have a CLB level of 6 in English and a CLB level of 7 or higher in French to communicate to be considered under this category.