Procedural Fairness Letter
A Procedural Fairness Letter is a letter sent to an individual by the Canadian government when they are being considered for immigration or a permanent resident visa. It is meant to inform them of their rights and the procedures that will be followed in their case. The letter also outlines why the government has decided to issue it and what information must be provided for further consideration.
The most common reasons for receiving a Procedural Fairness Letter
This includes the following as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Genuineness of relationship: IRPA subsection 12(1) and subsection 4(1)
- Medical Inadmissibility: subsection 38(1) and subsection 12.01(1)
- Criminal Inadmissibility: subsection 36(2), section 34, and subsection 12.01(2)
- Misrepresentation: subsection 40(1)
- Financial Inadmissibility: section 10.01
- Security Reasons / Terrorism: subsection 34(1)
How to reply to a Procedural Fairness Letter?
- Carefully read the letter and instructions: It is important to understand the requirements stated in the Procedural Fairness Letter and follow all instructions provided.
- Seek legal counsel: An experienced immigration lawyer can provide valuable advice on how to proceed with the application process, ensuring that all required documents are submitted accurately and on time.
- Submit documents in a timely manner: Providing requested documents in a timely manner will help ensure that an application is processed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide accurate information: Submitting false or misleading information may lead to delays or even denial of an application, so it is important to ensure that all information provided is accurate and complete.
- Demonstrate ability to settle successfully: Applicants must demonstrate their ability to comply with Canadian immigration regulations and their intention to settle successfully in Canada. This may include providing proof of language proficiency or other qualifications related to employment or education.
Furthermore, any questions or concerns should be directed to an immigration lawyer or an experienced immigration consultant who can provide valuable guidance on how best to proceed.
How to Apply?
If you received a Procedural Fairness Letter from IRCC and if you are looking for an expert to help you to respond to the letter, please Book a consultation with our team to discuss your case and how we could help you with the process.